Monday, June 13, 2011

What I See In The Morning


My living room. Our apartment is all of 500 sq feet and we do most of our living in this room. We have two bedrooms, but use one of them as a office/studio.

Do you see the rosy light on the walls in this picture? It's because of the curtains! I took down the ugly blinds that go clacky-clacky in the breeze, and in their place perfectly fit some metal hooks from Ikea, so I whipped up some curtains with fabric also from Ikea...gotta love Swedish design!

I measured the window and then bought 1 yard of fabric more than that. So my window was 3.5 yards long almost exactly. I bought 4.5 yards of fabric, the home-dec length was good for the height of my windows. Then I cut off the selvages and sewed a rolled hem on one long side and both short sides. I sewed a deep hem of about 4 inches on the other long side. I originally put the deep hem at the bottom, but that drew attention to the exposed hardware a the top, so I flipped it around. Much better.





These are the hooks I was talking about. They fit right into the slot for the blinds...amazing! No holes in the walls, beautiful curtains.


It's like wearing rose-colored glasses all the time!

Here is Sam standing on his highchair, regular fair for around here.


The nostrils!

No comments:

Post a Comment