Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Soon...a house!

My little family is in the midst of some pretty big life-changing decisions. Job. School. Housing. It's big.

We have been house hunting for the last 2 weeks, and have settled on the one we want, last night we made an offer on it!!! We feel really good about this particular house, and the decisions we've made for right now.

So all this has me thinking about all the things I can do with my own 4 walls, and my own bit of earth. Roses, and vegetable gardens, berries, lavender bushes! I'm even excited about ground cover, mulch, and a lawn mower.

We recently did some rearranging of our apartment (some of which is in the last post) and I really enjoyed looking at Apartment Therapy books before moving things around and sewing a few things. Now, as I think about a whole house to color for us I again turn to apartment therapy for some inspiration.

http://g-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/2637265/lula4_rect540.jpg

I love the white wall and dark red wood combination. Ideally we'd like to rip up the carpet and lay brazilian redwood floors down. I'm excited just imagining it in my mind.

http://g-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/2638945/lula5_rect540.jpg

The possibility of hanging pictures wherever I want to! I like the colorful things on the wall balanced with the white shelving. Love shelves!

I really like the colorful little quilt too! I'm thinking about hanging our wedding quilt up in our living room. Maybe I'll do a post about that quilt someday.

deuce1.jpg
http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/ohdeedoh/deuce1.jpg

Again, the wood floors and the white walls. That's a nice simple quilt pattern. I think I'd do contrasting bright color if I made a quilt like that. Love the cubbies under the window.

lead photo.jpg
http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/ohdeedoh/lead%20photo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment